http://oceanadesigns.net/images/granite/sahara-gold/sahara-gold.jpg School aim – Go on a journey to find out what mercy is – Changes of hearts – Enable us to be merciful to others – Have sign posts in our journey
Opening of the Holy Door of St. Peter’s Basilica, December 8, feast of the Immaculate Conception.
December 8th – Reflection – Whole school on the 8th December. Fr. Allen to lead staff on 4th Aim – What is mercy? Year to go on a journey. Open the door/ use the Year of Mercy Hymn
- Opening of the Holy Door of the Basilica of St. John Lateran and in the cathedrals of the world, December 13.
- Opening of the Holy Door of the Basilica of St. Mary Major, January 1, feast of Mary, the Holy Mother of God and World Day for Peace.
Jubilee for those involved with guiding or organising pilgrimages and religious tourism, January 19- January 21.
Jan 2016 – Students going on the Lourdes Pilgrimage present in assembly (Year groups)
- Opening of the Holy Door of the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, January 25, feast of the Conversion of St. Paul.
- Jubilee for Consecrated Life and the closing of the Year for Consecrated Life, February 2, feast of the Presentation of the Lord.
- Sending forth the Missionaries of Mercy, St. Peter’s Basilica, February 10, Ash Wednesday.
- Jubilee for the Roman Curia, February 22, feast of the Chair of St. Peter.
“24 Hours for the Lord” with a penitential liturgy in St. Peter’s Basilica, March 4th
March 2016 – 24 Hour activity in school – Friday 4th March – Reflection and 24 hours of liturgical music
- Jubilee for those who are devoted to the spirituality of Divine Mercy, April 3, Divine Mercy Sunday.
Jubilee for teens aged 13 to 16 to profess the faith and construct a culture of mercy, April 24.
April 2016 – Door in chapel for sixth formers to visit / Group walk to Maryvale – sponsored activity
- Jubilee for deacons, May 27-29, the feast of the Body and Blood of Christ.
- Jubilee for priests, June 3, feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Jubilee for those who are ill and for persons with disabilities, June 12.
June 2016 – Visit to the Beech Grange Residential home/ visit to a homeless shelter
Jubilee for youth, July 26-31, World Youth Day in Krakow, Poland.
July 2016 -Tie in with the schools anniversary event – Open day / Faith and young people reflections Year 9 – Cultural exchange (Development of Hodge Hill project)
- Jubilee for workers and volunteers of mercy, September 4, the vigil of the memorial of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.
- Jubilee for catechists, September 25.
- Marian Jubilee, October 8-9.
Mass celebrated by Pope Francis in memory of the faithful departed, Nov. 1, feast of All Saints.
November 2016 – Remembrance service – focus being ‘Year of mercy’
- Jubilee for prisoners, November 6.
- Closing of the Holy Doors in the basilicas of Rome and in the dioceses of the world, November 13.
Closing of the Holy Door of St. Peter’s Basilica and the conclusion of the Jubilee of Mercy, buy tastylia November 20,
feast of Christ the King.
November 2016 – Whole school repeated reflection – Do you know what mercy means now?
Holy Door in St. Peter’s basilica to open for first time in 15 years for Holy Year of Mercy
Download (PDF, 703KB)